What is the Difference Between Used & Certified Pre-Owned?
If you’re looking to save on your next ride around Bedford and Willoughby you might be wondering: “What’s the difference between used and certified pre-owned?” Both present great savings, but there are some significant differences to note so you can make the best choice when car shopping. Learn more about looking for CPO vs. used vehicles and then stop by and see our inventory in person at Classic Volkswagen today!
Buying a Used Car: What You Need to Know
Used cars can vastly differ depend on a range of factors such as make, model, year, mileage, and more. With cars from many different years on the market, you can save a ton by opting for a pre-owned model. You’ll also want to find a vehicle with dependable mileage that will keep you moving for a considerable amount of time. Here are some things to keep in mind when used car shopping at Classic Volkswagen below:
- Although OEMs don’t require that standard used cars be inspected before sale, Classic Volkswagen wants to make sure our customers get the highest value for their dollar. We hand-pick our used models. That being said, you should navigate a private sale with extra caution. Private sellers don’t have the reputation of a well-established dealership.
- You should discuss any vehicle issues that you notice — either with the dealership or private seller. If you plan to purchase the car, even though it has a few problems, that’s 100% your choice — just make sure you factor money for the repairs into your shopping budget.
- With proper care and maintenance, some vehicles can last upwards of 200,000 miles. High-mileage used cars aren’t always bad options, especially if you’re on a strict budget.
Buying a CPO Car: What You Need to Know
Certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicles have had previous owners, but they are also newer models with less mileage. Since they are more recent models, the price may be a bit higher but you can expect even more quality as they are thoroughly inspected by a certified technician and come with reliable manufacturer warranties for added peace of mind on Willoughby streets. See more of what you can expect from CPO models at Classic Volkswagen below:
- Model year is within five years of the current model year
- Generally less than 80,000 miles, sometimes up to 100,000 miles
- A multi-point inspection
- Offered with extended warranties and/or limited powertrain warranties
Shop CPO vs. Used Vehicles for Sale at Classic Volkswagen
Now that you know more about CPO vs. used vehicles, you can make the best choice for your next ride on Willoughby roads. Save on your next ride at Classic Volkswagen when you shop our inventory of used vehicle specials. You can even find more helpful car buying tips and value your trade-in online from home to get started. Contact us today for more details on CPO vs. used vehicles and stop by our dealership here in Mentor!
More from Classic Volkswagen
If you’re looking for a sporty new SUV in the Bedford area, look no further than the Volkswagen Taos! This crowd-favorite compact crossover features impressive performance specs, sleek amenities, and plenty of space inside the cabin for passengers and cargo alike. If you find yourself asking questions like “How much does the VW Taos…
If you’re looking for a stylish and comfortable new SUV to take your Mentor commute up a level, check out the 2023 Volkswagen Atlas interior. From the Volkswagen Atlas interior trunk to its cabin space and top-of-the-line amenities, there’s a lot to love! Here, you can learn more about the 2023 Volkswagen Atlas interior,…
Mentor drivers have taken notice of the 2023 Tiguan. That’s due in no small part to the Volkswagen Tiguan fuel efficiency. In fact, the EPA estimates the 2023 VW Tiguan gas mileage to reach up to 31 miles per gallon on the highway. Let’s take a closer look at how the fuel economy of this…